One Lump or Two? More AL Traffic Signs and Rain in LA

Speed Lumps Sign on University of South Alabama Campus

Yes at first, being a snobby New Yorker, I thought "how unfortunate"  it would be for a typo to appear on a University traffic sign. But I was mistaken, as I often I am here in our South :-). 

There is such a thing as a speed lump. The speed lumps are supposed to be less severe than a NY speed bump- which can rip a Volvo muffler off on a good day! So I like speed lumps, because our Volvo wagon is still in one piece.

The USA campus ( University of South Alabama) is quite lovely - the library circulation is open to the public and along with the usual academic offerings they have a medical school, school of archaeology and a very active arts department. While I don't follow collegiate sports- the Jaguars are Division I. 

I knew I'd like the university since they have art everywhere. The sports area has two grand bronze sculptures, and the Moulton bell tower has an amazing realistic montage/mural of students and careers on its ceiling. The work is by the university's art chair Jason Guynes.

Oh and Al is La, at least parts of it- I recently learned that we live in LA- or Lower Alabama. Of course folks in New Orleans probably say the same thing ;-).

And yes there is promise of a week with no rain. I can't really complain- it's so much better than snow...







Comments

Popular Posts