Horses of Heron Bayou Series and Mobile becomes easier to navigate

Painting One from a Series of Five
This morning I posted The Horses of Heron Bayou series ( five paintings  4.5" x 4.5" acrylic on canvas) on to my Etsy shop.

The horse kids are just loving the warm, wet air, and munching on what I call salad grass- the new shoots of Bermuda grass growing in puddles.

Yesterday was busy for Benno and I. While again driving in circles in Mobile we learned that even though all of Mobile seems to be spread out along three different highways, there is some sense to the city plan and we realized that we can do most of our shopping in one congested mega mall area which contains:

  • a "real" art supply store Alabama Art Supply while their website needs some help, their supply stock and prices are great. 
  • a Panera bread store- who would have thought finding a bakery in Alabama would be so daunting. Benno and I spent weeks looking for a loaf of fresh Rye until we stumbled into a Panera ( In New York we never visited a Panera bread store since all of the upstate NY food stores- Price Chopper, Hanaford etc- had good bakeries- not so in Lower Alabama- their bakeries only make cupcakes and sell french bread for PoBoys. What is a PoBoy? I think it is a sub-I will have to buy one soon and find out)
  • a Sam's Club- not as good as NY's BJs.
  • a Home Depot- yay! they carry MDF boards for my paintings!
  • and a slew of other stores like Kinko's, Sears, Pier One Imports- etc
I have to mention I hate shopping and the less we do of it the better!

Yesterday we dropped off eight paintings to be hung at the Dauphin Island Art Center. The ride to the Island was terrific- the pelicans were flying low and two barges, pushed by tug boats, were on the Inter Coastal.

Today we are  off to the Mobile Museum of Art and Botanical Gardens for the Mobile Art Association meeting. I hear there are 'gators in the gardens- we'll see!


Comments

Popular Posts